HEAVY PERIODS TREATMENT IN ATLANTA
If you are experiencing heavy menstrual bleeding contact Atlanta Obstetrics & Gynecology at (404) 355-0320 to request a consultation for Novasure. We have offices conveniently located in Atlanta and Brookhaven, Georgia.
HEAVY MENSTRUAL BLEEDING
WHAT IS HEAVY MENSTRUAL BLEEDING?
1 in 5 women suffer from heavy menstrual bleeding. Many women begin to experience heavy and/or irregular bleeding in their 30s and 40s, as they begin to get closer to menopause. Heavy periods are more than just a hassle - they take a physical, social, and emotional toll as well.
STUDIES SHOW HEAVY MENSTRUAL BLEEDING CAN AFFECT WOMEN IN A NUMBER OF WAYS:
- Many feel tired and nauseated
- Many experience bad cramps
- Many have headaches
- More than 60% have had to miss social or athletic events1
- About 80% report avoiding sex1
- 33% have been forced to miss work2
- 77% have depression or moodiness1
- 75% feel anxious2
- 57% report a lack of confidence during their period1
Heavy periods are not something with which you have to live. Today, there are a number of effective treatment options available.